RULES FOR DIGITAL VIKINGS AWARDS 2024
(hereinafter referred to as “Rules”)
1. The Organiser of the Digital Vikings Awards (hereinafter referred to as “Awards”) is Digital Vikings Team (Vixa Games S.A., organized and existing under the laws of Poland, registration number 0000881868, address: Czeslawa Milosza Str. 9/9, Gdansk, Poland;), hereinafter referred to as Organiser.
2. The purpose of the Awards is to select and award the best independent games during the DevGAMM 2024 Gdańsk (event details available under website link: https://devgamm.com/gdansk2024)
3. The Awards starts on August 22nd, 2023 and ends on February 29th, 2024 (hereinafter referred to as a "Duration of the Awards")..
4. The Awards is a part of a game industry conference organized by DevGAMM (DevGAMM LLC company incorporated in the USA under UBI 604 212 178 and EIN 82-4309941, having its registered address at: 1100 BELLEVUE WAY NE, STE 8A-317, BELLEVUE, WA, 98004, UNITED STATES), hereinafter referred to as DevGAMM LLC.
5. The Duration of the Awards consists of three stages: the qualifying round (hereinafter referred to as: “Selections”), the selecting nominations rounds (hereinafter referred to as: “Nominations”) and the final round (hereinafter referred to as: “Finals”).
1. Any non-underage (a person under 18 years of age) natural person and any person registered as an entrepreneur or a legal representative of a registered company can participate in the Awards. (hereinafter referred to as: “Participant”).
2. No employees and/or representatives of the Organiser, DevGAMM LLC, Partner(s) and Sponsor(s) of the Awards or DevGAMM Gdańsk 2024 can take part in the Awards in the capacity of a Participant.
3. Should the Organiser find a person failing to meet the conditions for participation taking part in the Awards, such a person shall be disqualified from the Awards and divested of any prizes or awards received in the Awards.
4. Participation in the Awards is fully non-obligatory.
5. No games submitted can contain any illegal content.
6. All the games submitted for the categories “Best Indie Game” and “Best playable upcoming game” must be presented in a version that is playable through all stages of Duration of the Awards, from Selections to Finals.
7. We can only accept submissions from studios registered in the following countries:
Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden, Poland
8. Games that are accepted for the Awards are required to:
a) have an available game page on the Steam platform;
b) share a playable demo/build while submitting for the categories “Best Indie Game” and “Best playable upcoming game”
c) have a game released in the Early Access state or be fully released between January 1st, 2023 and December 31st, 2023 for the “Best Indie Game” category
d) games have to be planned for release after March 2024 (from March 1st 2024) for the “Most Anticipated..” and “....upcoming…” games awards) ;
e) be an indie developer, which means that the development team size of the Participant cannot be higher than 50 people.
8. The Organiser reserves the right to the conclusive selection of the games qualified to the Nominations and Finals, following the "Indie spirit" in the selection of entrants.
1. Participation in the Selections is free of charge. Independent games are submitted to the Selections by filling in the registration form available from: https://www.digitalvikings.pl/
2. The game submitted can be either an original work or a game based on a legally licenced IP. The Participant has to have full rights to develop the game.
3. The deadline for submission is January 14th, 2024, time 23:59 (GMT+1).
4. There is no maximum limit on the number of games submitted to the Selections.
5. The submission must contain all of the following information:
6. 6. The keys to Steam games given in the application to the Awards must be active at least until the end of February, 2024.
7. The Organizer will select a maximum 10 submitted independent games per each category. The selected games will pass to the second stage Nominations.
8. For each Selected game, the Organizer will make an effort to add presence of each game in the event on the Steam platform under the Digital Vikings Awards.
1. 1. The Competition Jury will select a minimum 3 submitted independent games per each category from the list of games that passed the Selection stage. The selected games will pass to the third stage Finalsand gain the right to be presented as nominated games by the Digital Vikings Awards and DevGAMM Gdańsk 2024.
2. The Organiser will have announced the list of nominated Participants by February 6th, 2024.
3. The Organiser shall inform the interested parties about qualifying to the Nominations by email, the message will be sent to the email provided in the submission form. The studios that qualified for the Nominations are obliged to confirm participation in the Nominations within 48 after the email has been sent by the Organizer.
4.In order to receive a nomination at least one person from the Participant team or the Participant himself need to attend Digital Vikings Awards at the DevGAMM Gdansk 2024 in person. Tickets and travel expenses to the event have to be paid by the Participant unless the Organizer announces or informs the Participant otherwise.
1. The Finals of the Awards will be held at the Digital Vikings Awards during DevGAMM 2024 in Gdańsk, Poland on February 29th 2024 at the Amber Expo conference center.
Independent games qualified for the finals will be ranked by the score received from the Competition Jury in order to select best games in each award category.
2. All the games that rank 1st in each category will become the Winners of the Finals and will receive a special placement on the landing page of the Awardson Steam, if and when the website is available.
3. All the winners will be presented on a stage during the Awards ceremony at DevGAMM Gdańsk 2024.
[PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA]
1. The administrator of the personal data employees and/or representatives of of Awards Participants is the DevGAMM LLC (DevGAMM LLC company incorporated in the USA under UBI 604 212 178 and EIN 82-4309941, having its registered address at: 1100 BELLEVUE WAY NE, STE 8A-317, BELLEVUE, WA, 98004, UNITED STATE)
2. The data will be processed only and solely for purposes materially related to the Awards, that is, for the purposes connected to the organization and management of the Awards, publication of the list of Award winners on the event’s and DevGAMM social media profiles, websites, as well as for accounting and financial reporting, as set in applicable regulations.
3. Participants retain the right to access and amend their data, and request data removal. The data administrator informs that provision of your personal data is voluntary, yet necessary to receive the Prizes.
4. The data of Awards participants will be processed in line with generally applicable regulations i.a. REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
1. All Awards Participants must have full copyrights to the games they submit.
2. All Competition Participants retain full copyrights to the games they have created.
3. The Organiser reserves the right to use all and any materials submitted in the process of registration for the promotional needs of the Digital Vikings Awards, DevGAMM and the Awards.
4. Each participant retains full liability and responsibility for the game they present.
5. The right to data portability – You have the right to request that DevGAMM LLC transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: +15623315823
Or write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email us at: email@example.com
1. The Organiser reserves the right to change these Rules at any time without stating the reasons, should this not influence any rights acquired by the participants.
2. Throughout the time of the Awards, the contents of the Rules of the Awards will be accessible on the Awards website.